BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join the Editorial Board. As BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is growing, we must ensure that the journal is able to cope with these increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the disciplines below.
- Biomedical aspects of pregnancy and childbirth
- Fetal medicine
- Labor, birth, and postpartum health
- Maternal health and pregnancy
- Maternity care and sociological aspects of pregnancy and childbirth
- Pregnancy and childbirth in low and middle income countries
- Trends in pregnancy and childbirth
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth scope and ethos
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the biomedical aspects of pregnancy, breastfeeding, labor, maternal health, maternity care, trends and sociological aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Editorial Board Members should have a minimum of fifteen research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-review journals.
They should be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth can be described as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that the manuscripts for which they are responsible fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The primary responsibility of our Editorial Board Members is to manage the peer review process. Editorial Board Members you are responsible for the scientific quality of the manuscripts that they handle. They adhere to the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of the Journal and ensure that manuscripts are handled efficiently and appropriately.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth should be engaged and willing to handle approximately two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com with the name of the journal in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.