|Intro||Tell me a little about your home life?||
• First pregnancy?|
• Married, single?
• Other Children – how many?
• Employed – how many hours you work?
|Tell me a bit about your lifestyle at the moment?||
• Diet – cravings, nausea|
• PA – active before pregnancy, frequency, duration
• Have diet/PA patterns changed since pregnancy?
• In what way and why?
|Health||Has a HCP made you aware of the risks surrounding your pregnancy||
• Excessive weight gain|
• Potential difficulties during delivery
• How does that make you feel?
|PA and Diet||What PA do you/would you like doing?||• Walking, running, exercises tailored for pregnancy, sports, gym?|
|How important do you feel exercise and PA is during pregnancy?||
• Fitness level|
• Give you more energy
• Help sleep
|Tell me what you think would be the best way to encourage women to be watchful of diet and PA during pregnancy?||• Through friends, other pregnant women, GP, nurses, information sessions, individual or group, exercise and diet programmes|
|Behaviour Change||Have you been given advice about dietary habits and PA since you became pregnant?||
• HCP, family, friend, book, internet?|
• When was this?
• How did you feel about the advice?
|What to do think are the main challenges to PA and diet changes during pregnancy?||• Lack of information/ support/ time/ resources|
|Would you be interested in using technology to help you track and improve you PA and diet||
• Mobile phone apps, text message/phone, web based information forums, pedometer?|
• Would these support mechanisms be useful?
• If it provided you with information as well
• If it provided you HCP with your information
|How would you feel about participating in a study where technology would be used as encouragement to increase PA?||
• Mobile phone apps, text message/phone, web based information forums, pedometer|
• Access to internet, mobile phone
|Is there anything I haven’t asked you today you would like to mention?|