BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is recruiting new Associate Editors to join the Editorial Board. As BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is growing, we must ensure that the journal is able to cope with these increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the disciplines below.
- Biomedical aspects of pregnancy and childbirth
- Fetal medicine
- Labor, delivery, and postpartum health
- Maternal health and pregnancy
- Maternity care and sociological aspects of pregnancy and childbirth
- Pregnancy and childbirth in low and middle income countries
- Trends in pregnancy and childbirth
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth scope and ethos
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the biomedical aspects of pregnancy, breastfeeding, labor, maternal health, maternity care, trends and sociological aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Associate Editors should have a minimum of fifteen research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-review journals.
They should be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Associate Editors for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth can be described as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that the manuscripts for which they are responsible fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements, and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth should be engaged and willing to handle approximately two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com with the name of the journal in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.